Danielle is an Associate in our arbitration team. Having advised a number of local and international clients, she has experience in handling corporate, contractual and construction disputes.
Danielle also assisted in local Dubai and Abu Dhabi Court matters. She has experience in DIAC, ADCCAC, DIFC-LCIA, ICC, CRCICA, ICSID Centres as well as ad-hoc arbitration.
Danielle’s recent experience includes:
• Acting on behalf of a European Tax Authority in pursuing what is by far the largest, in quantum case with the local UAE Courts. The claim quantum is in excess of AED 7.5 billion.
• Acting as local counsel assisting a leading international law firm in an ongoing Investment Treaty arbitration, arising out of a USD 100 million investment in a GCC state. The matter is currently before an ICSID Tribunal.
• Acting on behalf of a global maritime logistics firm in one of the last DWT cases, arising out of a service contract.
• Acting in DIFC Court proceedings on behalf of one of the region’s leading professional services firms (providing audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory services) in a dispute for unpaid invoices amounting to USD 1,000,000.
• Successfully acted on behalf of the client in respect of three concurrent arbitrations being pursued under the auspices of the Dubai International Arbitration Centre.
• Acting for an international client seeking recovery of monies amounting to circa EUR 1,000,000 fraudulently transferred into a Dubai bank account.
• Successfully acting on behalf of an employee in a landmark labour dispute whereby the Court combined an overseas employment contract and UAE labour contract and calculated severance pay commencing overseas.